Beef and Vegetable Stew
Serves: 6-8 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds top sirloin, cut into 1” pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons of ghee (We use Tin Star Foods!)
- 2 pouches Bare Bones Gass-fed Beef Bone Broth (+ 2 cups water if more soupiness is desired!)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1” rounds
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Heat a dutch oven (or high sided soup pot) on medium high heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of ghee, or cooking fat of choice.
Generously coat the steak pieces with salt and pepper and then brown in single layer batches. (You’ll likely have 3-4 batches, depending on the size of your pot).
Add the broth, veggies, tomato paste and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Note: you can replace the veggies with any veggies of choice. Zucchini rounds, squash, canned tomatoes, etc. It all works in this soup!