Mold exposure might be more prevalent than you think. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates there could be more than 300,000 species of molds and fungi in existence. With spores that are easily airborne, molds can get just about anywhere, but they really thrive in damp, humid environments, like certain areas in your home. When learning how to detox your body from mold, the first place to start is your home.
Common Places Mold Can Hide in Your HomeWhile you may not think you have a mold problem, there are many places in your home that are a perfect breeding ground for mold spores, such as:
- Near heating and cooling appliances
Symptoms of Mold ToxicityIf you’ve been exposed to toxic mold, you may notice an increase in allergy-like symptoms, such as:
- Watery eyes
- Itchy eyes, nose, throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Postnasal drip
- Dry skin or rash
How to Detox Your Home of MoldIf you suspect you have mold in your home, you’ll want to remove it as soon as possible for your health and well-being. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) suggests that if your moldy area is greater than about three square feet, you should get a qualified mold remediation company to handle the removal. For smaller areas, you can do the job yourself, if you follow some simple rules:
- Make sure all leaks and water incursion are fixed. Dry the area completely.
- To avoid getting mold or mold spores in your lungs, wear an N-95 respirator. These are available at hardware stores and online. They will help trap spores in a disposable cartridge, so you can eliminate them safely.
- Wear long gloves, especially if using bleach and water to destroy mold.
- Wear goggles to avoid getting bleach — or mold spores — in your eyes.
- Scrub mold with detergent and water, and dry completely.
- Throw away porous or absorbent materials like carpets if they’re moldy.
One Reply to How to Detox Your Body from Mold — Naturally
Black mold was found in my grand son school were also my children went to my i found out the school is 101years old an the previous school board members that knew never told any body 8 have passed away an 4 still knew about they found mold in 2011 an did tell nobody an then people wonder how come their is alot of cases of upper respetory illenesses i personally think their all crazy an didnt care about kids i graduated as a nurse in 2010 an had move to rgc then came back in 2016 it took three years so i could see any simptons. To my amase ment doctors tested him for flu strep an other condions did never thought ge was going to pumanary specialit in edingburg the school found with mold is located in premont tx
Peach and Coconut Bone Broth Smoothie
Keto Chicken Soup
Butternut Squash Lasagna with Cashew Cheese
Stuffed Delicata Squash
Whole30 Instant Soup-in-a-jar
Caprese Salad with Bone Broth Lemon Vinaigrette