Chilled Ginger-Spiced Carrot Soup
Serves: 5-6 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 to 3 small green onions, cleaned and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5-6 medium carrots, washed but not skinned, and sliced into 1” pieces
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-inch piece of turmeric root, peeled and sliced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pouch of Bare Bones Tomato & Spice Broth
- 1 lime (juice and zest) and/or hard white cheese (we used white English cheddar)
Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic, minced ginger, and pepper flakes, stir to fully coat with oil, then TURN OFF HEAT, cover and allow ingredients to sweat in the heat. Do not brown or develop color.
After 2 minutes, turn stove to medium high and add carrots, salt, cinnamon, turmeric and broth. Stir everything to incorporate, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook with cover on until carrots are completely soft, which is about 15-20 minutes.
Add contents of pan into a high speed blender, or food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a container with a lid and chill for at least three hours – but is best chilled overnight.
Before serving, add juice of 1 lime into cold soup, recover and give the container a good shake.
Serve, dividing soup between 4 to 6 bowls and top with a small drizzle of olive oil, a bit of lime zest and a pinch of red pepper flakes. You can also add a small bit of grated hard white cheese.
Peach and Coconut Bone Broth Smoothie
Keto Chicken Soup
Stuffed Delicata Squash
Butternut Squash Lasagna with Cashew Cheese
Whole30 Instant Soup-in-a-jar
Caprese Salad with Bone Broth Lemon Vinaigrette