Butternut Squash & Veggie Soup
Serves: 4-6 | Prep Time: about 5 minutes | Cook Time: about 40 minutes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 to 2 tsp honey
- 1 pouch Bare Bones Tomato & Spice Bone Broth
- 4 cups of water (or, 1 additional pouch of broth + 2 cups of water)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 2 zucchini, sliced into ½” rounds
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1” chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
Add olive oil or Ghee to your favorite soup pot over medium heat, and sauté onion, garlic and dry spices until fragrant, about two minutes.
Add the kale, butternut squash, zucchini, carrots and the honey. Stir to evenly incorporate all of the ingredients.
Add the bone broth and enough additional water so the ingredients are submerged. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add bay leaf 5 minutes before end of cooking time and remove before eating.
Enjoy as is, or puree to desired consistency. Serve with fresh cracked black pepper and a bit of freshly diced parsley.