- 2 cans San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 – 16oz pouch Classic Beef Bone Broth (or Tomato & Spice Bone Broth)
- 4 leaves fresh chopped basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus some to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 cups bread crumbs
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 8 ounces parmesan, grated
- 3 cups neutral flavored fat or oil for frying (tallow, peanut or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil, for garnish
Bread chicken by coating in flour first and then egg. Once covered in egg, gently place into breading and cover with bread crumbs, pressing down and ensuring the chicken is coated evenly. Gently shake off excess bread crumbs and set aside on sheet pan. Repeat this process until all chicken is breaded.
Heat 3 cups of neutral flavored oil in a cat iron pan until shimmering (about 375F).
Cook chicken by carefully placing in hot oil until browned, turning as necessary to avoid burning until cooked through (165F). Remove from oil and set aside. Repeat this process, working in batches, until finished.
Set oven broiler to high heat.
Blend sauce using either an emersion blender or a standard blender.
Arrange chicken in an oven safe dish or cast pan, cover with sauce and top with cheese.
Broil until cheese is browned and remove from oven. Top with fresh chopped basil and olive before serving.