Serves: 4 | Prep Time: about 5 minutes | Cook Time: about 10 minutes
- turkey drippings from pan
- ½ stick of butter or ghee
- 1 pouch of Bare Bones Turkey Bone Broth
- ½ cup of dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in a ¼ cup of warm water
- 2-3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Place your turkey pan drippings into a cast iron skillet, or sauce pot; set the pan on medium heat and add the butter.
Add salt, pepper, rosemary, and whisk thoroughly.
Gently whisk in the broth incorporate, and then sift the tapioca starch into the gravy while whisking continuously. (Depending on desired gravy consistency, you may add more or less of the tapioca starch – just be sure you work 1 teaspoon at a time.)
Add the rehydrated porcini mushrooms, then reduce heat and allow to simmer and thicken for 3-4 minutes – giving an occasional whisk every minute.
Remove from heat then, using an immersion blender, blend the gravy until smooth.